Jenny Okonkwo MBA CPA, CMA is the founder of Transform Consulting Inc. helping companies improve finance processes, management information and internal controls. A partial client list includes household brand names operating across Canada such as Molson Coors Canada, Labatt Breweries, Pepsico, Burger King, Skyservice, Johnson & Johnson.
Jenny has a track record of success in reducing cost, tightening process cycles, recouping lost revenue and taking decision-making to the next level and beyond. With a global cross-industry awareness Jenny’s broad experience of financial and project management enables her to solve complex business problems in various industries. Here are a few of her accomplishments:
- Re-engineered billing processes to recover $2 million of lost revenue enabling SOX compliance and increased profitability
- Reduced cost over-runs by 80% by creating a global Project Office for a $200 million system upgrade
- Achieved cost savings of $100K p.a by re-negotiating vendor agreements for a new business
- Debtor days fell from 180 to 30 by developing a new payables and reporting process.
- Provided management with first-time visibility of top 10 risks and issues by introducing a global management information system for a $200 million project
- Increased business analysis competencies within team by 75% by automating the Executive reporting
In 2012 Jenny was identified as an FP&A Subject Matter Expert by the Association for Financial Professionals. She was invited to join an international finance team recruited from around the world to develop, test and review exam content for the recently launched Corporate FP&A Certification.
Jenny earned an MBA from Open University Business School (triple accredited). In addition to being a member of Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario, Canada she is a Certified Corporate FP&A Professional. Jenny also holds globally recognized accounting designations from the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants in the UK and AICPA in the US.
Jenny has over 4,500 followers on Linkedin which she uses to connect with and help CFOs, VPs, Directors and Controllers. She also is the founder of the Leaders in Finance Linkedin Group where she encourages the sharing of information and collaboration on different topics. Jenny is an article contributor for several publications including Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario D&A Magazine, Association for Financial Professionals, Guild of Institutional, Industrial and Commercial Accountants and Toronto Manager.
She is a passionate and adventurous traveller. Highlights are: climbing the Great Wall of China, Night Safari in Singapore, the largest Safari Park in Asia (based in Thailand). Bolshoi theatre and Tsar palaces in Russia, steam baths in Istanbul and the Pyramids and Sphinx in Giza, Egypt.